Cinnamon is considered to be one of the oldest spices in human history with records showing its value to ancient Egyptians, Chinese and in Ayurveda. It has been linked to prosperity, progress, claimed to attract wealth and in ancient Egypt was considered to be of equal value to gold.
Cinnamon bark essential oil is obtained from the outer bark which is considered to be the most important part of the Cinnamon verum tree and is typically stronger, more potent and pricey than Cinnamon leaf oil and a little goes a very long way.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil's scent is warm, spicy yet sweet with a vanilla like hint and it also helps provide relief when dealing with seasonal illnesses like the flu, colds. It is also a powerful analgesic, digestive aid and is great for skincare except if you have sensitive skin as it is considered a "hot oil" and must be diluted even more than other Essential Oils when used topically.
Blends well with:
Essential oils of Balsam Gurjun, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cardomon, Cedarwood, Clove Bud, Elemi, Frankincense, Ginger, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lavender Kashmir, Mandarin, Marjoram, Myrrh, Nutmeg, Patchouli, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang Complete.
Note: Product colors and aroma profiles are intended to represent the typical and approximate color and scent of each oil. However, both can vary based on harvesting, distillation and other factors. These variations should not affect the efficacy of the product.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Skincare benefits:
- As a natural skincare ingredient in a moisturizer/serum for its anti aging, antioxidant and skin rejuvenating benefits to combat environmental and free radical damage, tighten up the skin to diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of premature aging.
- It has a brightening, healing action and with consistent use helps with hyperpigmentation and in clearing blemishes for a more even complexion and healthy, clearer brighter skin.
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil also helps nourish, tone and tighten large pores and has an antiseptic action beneficial to treating and preventing acne, rashes and other skin infections.
- A great emollient it helps moisturize lip and the skin deeply to reduce dryness, cracking, or chapping.
- To diminish the appearance of scars, spots, varicose vein, and cellulite, massage the blend or serum into affected areas twice daily consistently.
Hair care benefits:
- Helps stimulate hair growth, treat dandruff, reduce thinning and shedding