Coral Jasmine aka Night flowering Jasmine or Lover’s Tree is a shrub or small tree in the species Nyctanthes native to areas stretching from Northern Pakistan, Nepal, Northern India to Southeast Thailand known locally as Parijat or Harshiangar.
However its aroma is very Jasmine like, though a bit stronger and sweeter than the delicate glory of the uber expensive and rare true Jasmine.
Coral Jasmine Essential Oil is extracted from the steam distilled flowers of Nyctanthes arbor-tristis. The name ‘Nyctanthus’ is derived from two Greek words ‘Nykhta’ (Night) and ‘anthos’ (flower), which in full translates as “sad tree”. It is also called ‘Tree of sorrow’ because its flowers appear dull during the day but become bright at night which is when they are hand pIcked since this tree sheds its flowers at night.
The leaves are curative and have been used in Ayurvedic Medicine to treat arthritis, sciatica, fever, pain, constipation, anxiety, rheumatism, to combat free radicals, infection and bacterial infections amongst other ailments.
The therapeutic properties of this Essential Oil include antioxidant, anti-arthritic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, anti-leishmanial, anti-pyretic, immunostimulant, antinociceptive, anti-allergy, anti-plasmodial, hepatoprotective and sedative.
Directions for use
Diffusion: Add a few drops of Coral Jasmine Essential Oil to an ultrasonic diffuser or diffuser bracelet
You can also create a blend with one or more EOs of Helichrysum, Jamarosa, Hyssop, Wild Carrot Seed, or Rosewood etc. to incorporate other benefits you may require, make a stronger blend or just to layer different scent notes and create a rounder or preferred aroma.
Topical: To use topically for its healing benefits, add 2-5 drops of Coral Jasmine Essential Oil to a tablespoon/15ml of base oil or shea butter and apply 2-3 times daily or as needed to affected area. Add 10 drops to 50ml of a light easy absorbent oil for a relaxing, soothing massage.
For an even stronger blend add one or more EOs e.g., Tulsi, Ginger, Frankincense, Ginger Lilly, Winter Cherry or Rosemary without exceeding the 5 drops of EO for topical use or 10 drops per 50ml maximums for a massage oil.
Skincare: Coral Jasmine Essential Oil is suitable for all skin types.
Directions: Create a moisturizer with Coral Jasmine EO diluted at a rate not exceeding 6 drops when using alone or in total when adding other EOs e.g. Sandalwood, Red Mandarin, Balsam Gurjun, Manuka or Myrrh as well in a blend per 30ml of a complementary Carrier oil e.g. Guava Seed, Kiwi Seed, Blackcurrant Seed Oil, an existing serum, lotion or any other preferred base before applying on the skin.
Hair Care: Add to a shampoo/conditioner, hair oil/cream or as part of a hot oil treatment and massage into hair to condition, wrap a towel on hair and leave for 20mins, then rinse off.
Coral Jasmine Essential Oil
- Aids aging/combination/dry/normal/mature/oily skin
- Coral Jasmine Essential Oil has proven effective in preventing and combatting cellular and oxidative damage by scavenging free radicals and hydrogen peroxide to prevent premature aging and reverse visible signs of aging on the skin.
- A powerful antioxidant to help regenerate and rejuvenate the skin by clearing blemishes as well as sun and environmental damage.
- Its potent astringent properties help tighten pores to reduce oiliness which is beneficial in treating and preventing acne, blackheads, pimples and other oily skin related issues
- Helps tighten and tone the skin to prevent and diminish the appearance of wrinkles for smoother younger looking skin.
- It helps improve skin health and even out the complexion for more radiant skin.
- Its antibacterial activity helps protect wounds and injuries from infection and hinders the growth of Staphylococcus aureus, which is one of the main causes of sepsis in wounds.
- Helps treat skin allergies and soothe itchiness due to its anti-allergenic properties.
- Its antifungal effect is beneficial in treating ringworm and other fungal skin infections.
- An effective natural remedy which helps treat sores and combat harmful viruses and other microorganisms.
- Helps soothe and calm skin irritation and inflammation.