MO’s Essential Oils Helichrysum Essential Oil is steam distilled from helichrysum italicum, also known as Immortelle or Everlasting, a herb native to The Mediterranean and Europe where it’s been used for its medicinal properties for thousands of years.
Helichrysum’s amazing anti aging, skin cell rejuvenation and regeneration properties . It is considered to be an expensive and scarcely available essential oil,though its shelf life compensates for the costly price as it can be stored for a very long time.
Directions for use
Diffusion: Add a few drops to an ultrasonic diffuser or diffuser bracelet
You can also create a blend with one or more EOs of Neroli, Palo Santo, Rosewood, Citriodora Eucalyptus or Cinnamon Bark etc. to incorporate other benefits you may require, make a stronger blend or just to layer different scent notes and create a rounder or preferred aroma.
Topical: To use topically for its healing benefits, add 2-5 drops of Helichrysum Essential Oil to a tablespoon/15ml of base oil or shea butter and apply 2-3 times daily or as needed to affected areas.
Add 10 drops to 50ml of a light easy absorbent oil for a relaxing, soothing massage.
For an even stronger blend add one or more EOs e.g., Wild Carrot Seed, Myrrh, Indian Frankincense, Ginger Lilly or Cedarwood without exceeding the 5 drops of EO for topical use or 10 drops per 50ml maximums for a massage oil.
Skincare: Helichrysum italicum Essential Oil is suitable for all skin types, even the most hypersensitive and is recommended for dry, damaged, aging or mature skin.
Directions: Create a moisturizer with Helichrysum EO diluted at a rate not exceeding 6 drops when using alone or in total when also adding other EOs e.g. Frankincense, Patchouli, Lavender Kashmir, Ylang Ylang Complete or Rose Geranium in a blend per 30ml of a complementary Carrier oil e.g. Kiwi Seed, Blackcurrant Seed, Barbary Fig Seed Oil an existing serum, lotion or any other preferred base before applying on the skin.
Hair Care: Add to a shampoo, conditioner, hair oil, cream or as part of a hot oil treatment and massage into hair to condition, wrap a towel on hair and leave for 20mins, then rinse off.
Helichrysum Essential Oil
- Very powerful Cicatrisant i.e. Aids healing of cuts, scrapes and wounds.
- Fades and reduces age spots,scars and other skin blemishes.
- Skin toning, brightening , firming
- Anti acne.
- Fades and prevents stretch marks.
- Relieves skin inflammation.
- Promotes skin rejuvenation and renewal
- Calms, protects and heals inflamed and damaged skin
- Psoriasis and Eczema treatment
- Helps dry,sensitive skin.
- Reduces and fades varicose veins
- Hydrates sun-burned skin and blocks UV damage
- Relieves muscle cramps
- Analgesic i.e. Pain relief
- Anti arthritic and Anti rheumatic
- Strong Vulnerary i.e. Protects wounds from infection
- Anti allergenic
- Anti spasmodic i.e. Helps ease spasms and muscle, menstrual cramps etc.