Native to the Mediterranean, and found in higher altitudes e.g, mountains Oregano means “delight of the mountains”. Its amazing healing properties were first discovered in Greece where it was used topically as an antibacterial for wounds and the skin. There are over 40 different species of Oregano available and not all of them have the therapeutic benefits to which the use of this oil is attributed, research shows that the species best to use is Origanum vulgare as it is a natural antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, antioxidant, digestive, anti-allergenic, anti-parasitic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and sedative
Directions for use
Add a few drops to a steam diffuser or bowl of hot water.
Apply to your skin after adding about five drops to a carrier oil, such as coconut oil.
Oregano Essential Oil
- Aids aging/combination/mature/normal/oily skin
- Anti-fungal properties make it beneficial in treating acne, skin tags, cold sores, rashes, herpes and warts
- Antibacterial properties make it beneficial in treating candida and athlete’s foot
- Antioxidant properties make it a powerful anti-aging tool, helping to brighten, improve, clarify skin color and texture
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties make it beneficial in treating calluses, acne, psoriasis, eczema, nail fungus and yeast infections.
- Helps treat and prevent dandruff
- Help reduce hair thinning or loss, stimulates growth, strengthens and thickens hair
- Treats scalp inflammations e.g. dermatitis, scabies, ringworm and even treat head lice